NAPW appearing this Sunday on Birth Today in New York Panel
This Sunday, September 16th, NAPW Executive Director Lynn M. Paltrow will be one of the panelists for a Birth Today in New York discussion following a sold-out performance of Birth. This play, based on over one hundred interviews Karen Brody conducted with mothers across America who gave birth between 2000-2004, and directed by Heidi Marshall, tells the true stories of 8 women, painting a portrait of how low-risk, educated women are giving birth in America today. All three performances of Birth are currently sold out, but any announcement re: additional performances will appear here.
Other panelists (and NAPW allies!) will include:
• Elan McAllister, President & Co-Founder, Choices in Childbirth
• Debra Pascali-Bonaro, B. Ed., CD (DONA), LCCE, Pres. of MotherLove, Inc.
• Patricia Burkhardt, CNM, DrPH, NYU College of Nursing Midwifery
• Christie Craigie-Carter, International Cesarean Awareness Network, Inc.
• George M. Mussalli, MD, FACOG, St. Vincent's Hospital Manhattan
• Mary Barr, Executive Director, Conextions Inc.