-problems with health insurance, medical and dental clinics
>I need medical or dental care but I don’t have health insurance. Can I still receive medical care? Where can I get more information? Where can I find a free or low-cost clinic?
* National Women’s Law Center work on Health Insurance. 202-588-5180.
* Families USA- Tell Us Your Story Project - An initiative by Families USA to demonstrate the importance and benefits of health care reform.
* The New York City Free Clinic- The clinic provides many health services, including disease prevention/screening, vaccinations, and radiology. The clinic has extensive women’s health services, but no prenatal care. The clinic can also refer patients to other health resources. Anyone who is 18 years or older and uninsured is eligible. 16 E. 16th St, New York, NY 10003. 212-206-5200.
* Brooklyn Free Clinic- Checkups, health maintenance, sick visits, preventative care, insurance screenings. The clinic can also make referrals and suggest other resources. Anyone who is 18 years or older and uninsured is eligible. 840 Lefferts Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11203. 347-688-6655.
* Bedford Stuyvesant Family Health Center - Dentistry, women’s health, family planning, substance abuse, pediatrics, prenatal care, and many other services. Anyone is eligible to access services. 1456 Fulton St. Brooklyn, NY 11216. 718-636-4500.
* Community Healthcare Network- Multiple locations. Primary care, HIV care, reproductive health care, dentistry, mental health care, and many other services. The center charges for services on a sliding scale based on family size, income, and insurance. CHN accepts many types of insurance (public, private, etc.) and can also make payment plans with patients to meet their individual needs. Anyone can access services, regardless of immigration or financial status.
Helen B. Atkinson Health Center 81 W. 115th St. New York, NY 10026 (212) 426-0088.
Community League Health Center 1996 Amsterdam Ave New York, NY 10032 (212) 781-7979
Catherine M. Abate Health Center (formerly the Downtown Health Center) 150 Essex St. New York, NY 10002 (212) 477- 1120
Bronx Health Center 975 Westchester Ave Bronx, NY 10459 (718) 320- 4466
CABS Health Center 94-98 Manhattan Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11206 (718) 388-0390
Caribbean House Health Center 1167 Nostrand Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11225. (718) 778- 0198.
Dr. Betty Shabazz Health Center 999 Blake Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11208 (718) 277-8303
Queens Health Center 97-04 Sutphin Boulevard Jamaica, NY 11435 (718) 657-7088
Long Island City Health Center 36-11 21st St Long Island City, NY 11106 (718) 482-7772