-domestic violence, abuse, rape and sexual assault
I’m pregnant and have been abused/raped/sexually assaulted. Where can I go for medical help/counseling/housing/support?
(Also see Homelessness - Shelters for pregnant women)
* National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-SAFE(7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.
* The Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN) - 1-800-656-HOPE(4673)
* Legal Momentum - Website with a comprehensive list of domestic violence and sexual assault resources
* Legal Voice - based in Washington state, the volunteers at Legal Voice give information about Washington law, referrals to community services and attorneys in private practice, assistance with problem-solving, and self help materials. They can be reached at 206-682-9552 or toll free at 888-201-1014.
* Sanctuary for Families (New York) - serves domestic violence victims, sex trafficking victims, and their children. 212-349-6009
* New York State’s 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-942-6906 (English and español/multi-language accessibility).
* Safe Horizon - the largest victims’ services center in the United States.
800-621-HOPE(4673) : Domestic violence hotline
1-212-227-3000 : Rape and sexual abuse hotline
866-604-5350 : TDD phone number for all hotlines
* NYPD Sex Crimes Report Line: 212-267-RAPE(7273)
* New York Asian Women’s Center – support programs, shelter services, education to overcome domestic violence and other forms of abuse. 24/7 hotline in 15 different Asian languages and dialects. 1-888-888-7702